Ref: WD:2014/0101/Commercial Warranty
About this warranty
The benefits to the consumer under the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under your resident country law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure.
All expenses related to warranty claims are the responsibility of the consumer making the warranty claim. The original purchaser is offered the following warranties, effective for purchases made after 1 January 2013. Please note this product is warranted for indoor use only.
5-Year structural integrity – commercial warranty
The manufacturer warrants its product in its original manufactured condition to be free from defects in material and workmanship, including dimension, lamination, and assembly (may not apply to special or non-standard grade specifications, as advised at the time of sale). The warranty becomes effective on the date of purchase.
5-Year surface coating – commercial warranty
The manufacturer warrants the pre-finished surface coating in its original manufactured condition to be free from defects in material and workmanship (may not apply to special or non-standard grade specifications, as advised at the time of sale). This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear due to high traffic wearing out the surface. The warranty becomes effective on the date of purchase.
Engineered timber floors must be laid indoors in suitable areas. While they are extremely tough and durable, and provide the appearance of a genuine timber floor, they are not appropriate for outdoors or humid spaces such as bathrooms and saunas. As such, this warranty does not cover floors that are laid in unsuitable areas.
Product thought to be defective by the installer should be returned to your dealer for inspection and possible replacement prior to installation. Installation implies acceptance of the appearance-related claims, relating to features visible at purchase once the products are installed.
If a flooring product should fail to meet the Terms of the Warranty, the manufacturer, at its option, will either supply a replacement product from the current range, parts to repair or replace the defective product, or refund the purchase price of the defective product prorated over the remaining life of this limited warranty. A minimum of 10% of the total installed surface area must be affected for the warranty to apply.
This warranty is exclusive. It covers the repair or replacement of defective materials only. It does not cover mouldings or accessories. It does not cover labour costs. Installation of the replacement products will be at the buyer’s expense. The above remedy is the customer’s only and is an exclusive remedy for claims under this warranty.
The manufacturer will honour claims under this warranty, only if all the following conditions are satisfied:
- The covered person must provide proof of date of purchase, original purchase price and that he/she is the original purchaser. He/she must also demonstrate the floor is at the original installation site.
- At all times between purchase and installation, the flooring must be properly stored according to installation instructions.
- This warranty applies to interior light commercial applications only.
- The flooring must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Relative humidity in the area of use must be maintained within a range of 30% to 70%.
- Engineered timber flooring must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The manufacturer must receive written notice within 30 days after discovery of any claimed defect or failure covered under this warranty. The manufacturer must be given 60 days following notice to inspect the product to confirm any failure. Written notice should be sent to company that sold the flooring. The manufacturer or its representatives must be given the opportunity to inspect the floor prior to any repair or alteration.
- The warranty will be made void if unusual man-made or natural disasters, including leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake or standing water occur during or after installation.
- Heavy objects and furniture such as bookcases, billiard tables or kitchen units should not be situated on any floating installation. This can lead to the floor failing to respond to contraction and expansion, which can cause squeaking and possible failure.
The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover the following:
- Indentations, scratches, damage caused by negligence or accident, water ingress, insects, animals, high-heeled or spiked shoes, urine, and high traffic areas.
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s written engineered floor installation instructions, including protecting the floor from subfloor moisture.
- Exposure to excessive heat, sunlight, or improper humidity in the environment.
- Improper maintenance, insufficient protection, or misuse.
- Where subfloor heating is used.
- Improper alterations to the original manufactured product. Alterations or repairs to the manufacturer’s original product will void all warranties.
- Changes in colour or appearance due to full or partial exposure to sunlight, weather, ageing or refinishing.
- Failure due to structural changes in the subfloor, settling of the building or an uneven subfloor that has not been adequately levelled (+/- 3mm over 1000mm).
The foregoing is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, except as covered by Common Law. The manufacturer shall not be liable for loss of use, or any other incidental or consequential costs, expenses or damages incurred by the original purchaser.
This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights that may vary from State to State.
Maintaining your floor
Your Engineered timber floor is designed with low maintenance in mind. Follow these simple steps to achieve many years of enjoyment from your floor:
- Sweep or vacuum as often as necessary to remove any loose dirt or grit.
- Use protective mats at all exterior entrances. Do not use rubber-based mats as the rubber may leach into the floor.
- Use felt protectors under heavy pieces of furniture.
- Never slide or roll furniture or appliances across your floor. Protect the surface if using a trolley to move heavy objects.
- Spiked heels or shoes in need of repair can severely damage your floor. In areas of excessive traffic and wear, make use of runners or area rugs.
- Damp mop only – avoid excessive amounts of water. Steam mops must not be used. If a spill occurs, soak up the bulk liquid promptly.
- Never use oil, soap, wax or other household products to clean your floor. • Keep animal nails trimmed.
- Maintain relative humidity levels between 30% and 70%.